Heavy Equipment Shop Technician (Hot Springs)
GarrettX is seeking individuals that have experience in the repair and maintenance of earthmoving equipment, be able to read and interpret technical instruction, service and safety manuals, company policies, and procedures. Individuals in this position are responsible for high-quality repair service on equipment and engines, responding to customer needs in a positive, safe, and timely manner, and ensuring maximum value for work performed. Minimum of 2 years of experience with Heavy Equipment Maintenance and repair.
- The Heavy Equipment Shop Technician should have experience in the repair and maintenance of earth moving equipment, be able to read and interpret technical instruction, service and safety manuals, company policies and procedures.
- Works with mechanical, hydraulic, and electric/electronic schematics and wiring diagrams; and demonstrates proficiency in the use of test equipment.
- The position is responsible for high quality repair service on equipment and engines, responding to customer needs in a positive, safe, and timely manner, and ensuring maximum value for work performed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Heavy Equipment Maintenance and repair.
- Diesel engine, construction equipment and/or truck engine training through accredited technical schools or relevant military experience preferred.
- Two or more years of previous hands-on equipment and/or engine experience, diagnostics and troubleshooting experience working diesel powered construction equipment or truck engines.
- Must possess a complete set of basic mechanic hand tools, including drives, sockets, and wrenches.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of construction equipment and/or engine mechanical failures.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State.
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.