Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR assistant, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.