GarrettX (DeccoX) is seeking an individual to arrange the work of one or more paving crews and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc.
- Provides overall on-site leadership and management on a construction project site.
- Liaison with other departments, plants, etc. to ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule.
- Coordinates plans and specifications with the Project Manager, clarifying discrepancies.
- Optimizes operations procedures.
- Chooses techniques and defines asphalt means and methods.
- Supervises Forman.
- The Superintendent is considered the Company’s representative and main point of contact on the construction site.
- The Superintendent handles the flow of communication between Client’s on-site representatives, on-site inspectors, subcontractors, craft employees, and Hubbard
- The Superintendent plans, coordinates, and supervises onsite functions including scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- 5+ years of materials, methods, maintenance and operation of equipment required with an emphasis on asphalt and paving.
- Valid Arkansas driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction site.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on a construction site such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
What we offer:
- Will train the right candidate
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.