Founded in 1950, on hard work and integrity, Delivering Groundbreaking Solutions for Three Generations.
DeccoX is proud of our reputation and culture. We hire the best people and provide them with exceptional training and the latest equipment and technology. A steady stream of opportunities and responsibilities allow our team members to learn and expand professionally, putting you on the roadmap to success.
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the BEST ON EARTH with us.
- Travel to sites, when necessary.
- Take measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land to establish legal boundaries.
- Employ specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Analyze data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Present data to clients and prepare reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborate and work with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in surveying, geomatics, geospatial sciences, geophysics, or a related field.
- At least 4 years of work experience under a licensed Professional Surveyor (P.S.).
- Successful completion of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying® (NCEES), Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam, and the Principles and Practice of Surveying (PS) exam.
- Valid P.S. license.
- Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment).
- Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs, Trimble, TopCon.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.