We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking asphalt laborer to assist in the pouring, smoothing, and setting of asphalt for roads and parking lots. The responsibilities of an Asphalt Laborer include delivering water to the rollers and plate compactors, preparing the pavement saw, measuring the line for the day, sweeping, and raking the deck, working in between the mill, directing traffic, and cleaning the area at the end of the day.
To ensure success as an Asphalt Laborer, you should be physically fit and be able to work long hours in all weather conditions. Asphalt Laborers are often required to work on weekends, public holidays, and at night.
Asphalt Laborer Responsibilities:
- Offloading trucks and gathering tools for the day.
- Transporting rakes, lutes, shovels, and spray cans to the paver.
- Moving the pavement saw to the transverse joint.
- Sweeping and cleaning the area in front of the paver.
- Measuring and lining out the area for the day’s paving.
- Working as a Flagger to direct motorists away from the work zone.
- Transporting water to the rollers, power broom, and plate compactor.
- Building a launchpad for the paver at the beginning of the pull.
- Assisting the screed operator.
- Shoveling material out to the end gate.
- Maintaining cleanliness and packing equipment away at the end of the day.
Asphalt Laborer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as an asphalt laborer or flagger.
- Knowledge of road and traffic regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Ability to travel to wherever the job is needed.
- Ability to work for long hours in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication and observation skills.
Decco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans’ status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time