We are looking for Utility Laborers with pipelayer experience to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for laying piping systems to carry a variety of different utilities. You will also help install pipes for Water systems and storm drainage. Our ideal candidate has experience working on a utility crew before, but we will accept applicants with more generalized construction experience. You will use a variety of power and hand tools in this career, so you should have mechanical skills and manual dexterity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Good Communication skills
- Familiarity with hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment operation.
- Maintain assigned equipment, tools, and PPE.
- Gather the necessary tools and materials
- Examine ground conditions before beginning work.
- Manually Dig trenches and holes in appropriate locations as needed.
- Lay pipe and make connections to the appropriate systems.
- Align fittings and cut pipe as necessary.
- Bury pipes and clean up the job site
- Report needed repairs or deficiencies.
- Monitor and inspect equipment and system performance.
- Use a pipe laser.
- Be a team Player
- Maintain a safe and clean jobsite by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the jobsite daily.
- Use proper Trench Safety and Confined Space practices as prescribed by OSHA
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Pipelayer experience
- Experience detecting utilities
- Experience as a swamper
- Competent person training
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.