GarrettX is seeking an individual to manage the scope and schedule of the assigned projects, as well as understand estimates, plans, construction methods & safety regulations. The individual will oversee the scheduling, delivery & use of equipment and materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity & compliance with building/safety codes. Maintain safe, clean, and compliant job sites. 5-10 years of supervisory experience required in either highway, industrial, civil construction, or electrical transmission
Qualifications and Skills
- Has 5-10 years of supervisory experience required in either highway, industrial, civil construction, or electrical transmission
- Has strong organizational skills including maintaining an organized job site and construction office
- Has the ability to analyze problems and develop realistic and timely solutions factoring in risk, implications and cost
- Operation of heavy equipment experience required.
- Is active on the job site to interact with subcontractors and validate work in progress
- Has the ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people, including general superintendent, project managers, upper management, trades, vendors & customers.
- Possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels & with a variety of personalities. Motivate subcontractors and construction personnel to perform at a high level of competency.
- Manages and oversee crew of 6-10 crew members at a time
- Manages time effectively, multi-task & prioritize in order to meet established goals & deadlines.
- Is decisive, flexible & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays and in a very fast-paced environment.
- Analyzes & resolve problems. Excellent organizational, leadership & communication skills
- Has knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology. Ability to read and understand construction plans and documents
- Is able to use on-line payroll and reports using phone or tablet
- Pays attention to detail and has persistence in follow up
- Has a strong sense of urgency
- Strong project layout skills determined from
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish (Preferred but not required)
Complete and turn in QC documentation
- Oversee the scheduling, delivery & use of equipment and materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity & compliance with building/safety codes. Maintain safe, clean and compliant job sites
- Provide consistent reporting on critical paths of each job as well as schedule status ensuring all required inspections are successfully completed
- Interface with owner, owner’s representative, general contractors, project inspectors, contractors, engineers, county officials and clients
- Enforce policies of behavior, performance, and safety on sites
- Supervise onsite personnel, subcontractors, materials and equipment deliveries
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and sub-contractor relationships in order to maintain the construction schedule
- Coordinating all onsite activities, including the work carried out by subcontractors and laborers.
What We Offer
- Will train the right candidate
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.