Our team is looking for an experienced Concrete Superintendent to manage our projects. You will supervise and work with our concrete employees to ensure projects are completed on time. Superintendent job duties will also include assisting our Project Managers ensuring projects are run successfully and safely. This is a working Superintendent position so you will be working on jobsites daily.
- This role is 85% field, and 15% office/admin.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and building materials.
- Experience with Curb and Gutter, Manholes, Sidewalks, Concrete Paving, Light pole bases, etc.
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Set performance goals and deadlines.
- Responsible for tracking daily labor and material cost for all crews.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Implement safety and quality guidelines.
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
- Perform project take-off via electronic means and methods.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet internal and client project deadlines without compromising quality.
- Ability to read Blueprints/Plans and perform estimates for concrete construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of unit costs and assembly costs of the major design discipline scopes.
- Previous experience as a Concrete Superintendent or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire.
- Concrete: 1 year (Required)
- Project Management: 2 years (Required)
- Experience Running Curb and Gutter Machine, Stringline and Stringless.
- Stringless is a big plus.
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Superintendent/Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
- Concrete: 3 years (Preferred)
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.