Cement Masons & Concrete Finishers
Central Arkansas & Northwest Arkansas
GarrettX and DeccoX is looking for individuals to smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them. Position construction forms or molds
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed. Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float. Spread concrete or other aggregate mixtures. Finish concrete surfaces.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process. Monitor construction operations.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it. Direct construction or extraction personnel.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom. Finish concrete surfaces.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge. Finish concrete surfaces.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven. Clean surfaces in preparation for work activities.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms. Pour materials into or on designated areas. Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface. Finish concrete surfaces. Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete. Compact materials to create level bases.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools. Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill. Drill holes in construction materials. Position structural components. Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete.
- Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds. Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Cut metal division strips, and press them into terrazzo base so that top edges form desired design or pattern. Cut metal components for installation. Apply decorative masonry finishes.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel. Prepare surfaces for finishing. Install masonry materials. Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish. Finish concrete surfaces. Install metal structural components. Install building fixtures.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels. Install masonry materials. Fabricate parts or components.
- Push roller over surface to embed chips in surface. Apply decorative masonry finishes.
- Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools. Position construction forms or molds. Build construction forms or molds.
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine. Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Apply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water. Clean surfaces in preparation for work activities.
- Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder over surface to produce prescribed finish. Apply decorative masonry finishes.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine. Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base. Spread concrete or other aggregate mixtures. Install roofing materials.
Working Condition / Physical Requirements
- Work environment is consistent of an office and facility with construction equipment inventory and repair/service shop and may also include construction job site
- Safety training required; PPE required outside of office/parking lot area
- PPE must comply with site specific requirements
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
What We Offer
- Will train the right candidate
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.