The Earthwork Superintendent provides day to day oversight and direction to the foremen and field personnel assigned to on-site construction projects. This role responsible for protecting and promoting the interests and values of the company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy responsibilities. The Earthwork Superintendent brings specialized knowledge and experience in executing projects for his or her specialty area.
- Prepare for project startup with the General Superintendent Project Manager. Execute project activities as required to meet day-to-day and overall objectives.
- Understand and apply the requirements in project documents regarding quality control procedures such as testing, shop drawings, material approvals, samples, mock-ups, execution of the work, etc.
- Become familiar with each job estimate for general condition items and follow the direction of the General Superintendent regarding performing work within the boundaries of the estimate.
- Keep the General Superintendent apprised of any change in activity or cost prior to incurring additional time or materials outside of the project scope.’
- Provide input on scheduling and placement of production crews. Plan and review the construction project with the General Superintendent and Project Manager on a weekly basis. Supervise the scheduling and completion of warranty issues.
- Assist the General Superintendent and Project Manager in the preparation of progress schedules, keep them properly updated, and ensure that everything feasible is done for the project to meet the required dates.
- Support the General Superintendent to ensure timely on-site delivery of materials and equipment furnished by the Company and subcontractors.
- Direct and train the field staff to ensure their continued development by use of performance evaluations, varying assignments, and promoting positive project morale.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- 5+ years of materials, methods, maintenance, and operation of equipment required.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.