Field Service Technician
- Works safely always and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs basic to intermediate repairs and minimal troubleshooting offsite with minimal supervision.
- Performs basic to intermediate troubleshooting and minimal diagnoses of equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Removes and install parts, disassembles, and assembles components to CAT specifications.
- Tests, adjust, and verifies proper operation of all repairs and adjustments.
- Prepares and completes all job-related documents, writes service reports, orders parts, and maintains clear customer records; in addition, accesses databases required to complete the job.
- Operates equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Maintains service vehicle inspection records, daily inspections, and driver logs as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Adheres to contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations.
- Maintains all company equipment, tools, and the vehicle in a good, clean, and working order.
- Communicates job progress to supervisor and customer as needed.
- Completes assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate time and re-work standards.
- Completes all assigned Technician Training Path courses and safety training in a timely and proficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- CDL – Class B required
- Troubleshoot and perform complex repairs correctly in the field such as pumps, hydraulic, engine, transmissions, HVAC, and electrical issues and repairs.
- At least 3 years of field or shop service tech troubleshooting and repair skills of heavy equipment such as dozers, backhoes, front-end loaders, excavators, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Must have own tools.
- Ability to be productive by working efficiently and effectively with a high energy level.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s license.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Heavy Equipment Field Service work
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.