GarrettX (DeccoX) is seeking an individual to coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc. The Foreman handles the flow of communication between the superintendent, on-site inspectors, subcontractors, craft employees, and personnel. The Foreman plans, coordinates, and supervises onsite functions including scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
- Coordinates plans and supervises field staff, subcontractors, and craft activities for the assigned project.
- Liaison with other departments, plants, etc. to ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule.
- Coordinates plans and specifications with the superintendent, clarifying discrepancies.
- Optimizes operations procedures.
- Supervises the crew.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- 5+ years of materials, methods, maintenance, and operation of equipment required with an emphasis on asphalt and paving.
- Valid Arkansas’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 30 pounds and, at times, as much as 50 pounds, as may be assigned.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, power tools, and hand tools.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy equipment safely.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction site.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on a construction site such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grant Garrett Excavating, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Other Available Positions
Ground Breaking Careers
As we continue to grow and remain one of the top earthmoving excavating companies in the region, we are always looking for outstanding people with strong character and grit. If you are interested in employment with a company that is unique in the industry and where you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to come and be the Best On Earth with us.